The Atlantis is the biggest resort in the Caribbean. The whole decor of the Atlantis is modeled after the fabled lost city and gives you the feel of being in some long forgotten city. But the Atlantis is anything but long forgotten, it is the biggest resort and also the most crowded with nearly millions of people who check in each year. With six hotels of different stature the Atlantis can be a confusing mess to even think about at first. The Atlantis is located on Paradise Island (the island just north of Nassau) and takes up probably 70 to 80 percent of the island. If you have ever thought of staying there this guide is for you. It will give you a description of each of the hotels, all of the attractions, and the pros and cons of staying at this fantastic resort.
With six different places to stay, the Atlantis will have something you will like. From top quality luxury hotel rooms that cost nearly 25,000 dollars per night to your average rooms that go for 150 to 400 dollars you are guaranteed to find the perfect hotel for you.
- The Cove – The cove is the luxury tower that sits next to the reef. It is the most expensive tower to stay at because of its deluxe features. The water park, spa, and just about everything else is only a short walk from this tower. It comes with its own private adults only pool that features an outdoor gaming pavilion. Rooms range from the deluxe and regular ocean suites, azure and sapphire suites, the presidential suites, and the penthouse suite.
- The Reef – The Reef offers luxury and residential-style studios and suites that make vacationers feel at home. It is located next to The Cove and it a short walk from every attraction. This luxury suite is perfect for families and includes studio rooms, suites and penthouses.
- The Royal Towers – Located in the center of the island, these iconic towers are what the Atlantis resort are known for. It is centrally located in comparison to all attractions. They are more pricey than other towers depending on which room you book. It includes guest rooms, regal suites, grand suits, presidential suits, the royal suites, and the bridge suite.
- The Coral Tours – The coral towers are located to the right of the Royal towers and are a little bit of a walk to get to the pools and water parks. They are cheaper than the royal towers and are the middle of the road in terms of price. They include guest rooms, regal suites, governors suites and presidential suites.
- Harborside Resort – For those who want to live in a home style condo there are the harbor side villas. It is located on the other side of the harbor so you are going to need to take a shuttle to enjoy the many things that the Atlantis has to offer. It includes one, two, and three bedroom villas. Each villa comes with its own kitchen giving you a home away from home feeling.
- The Beach Tower – This tower is the cheapest of all other resorts to stay at. It is located all the way to the right of the total resort. It sits next to the Atlantis Theatre. It includes a shuttle to all other towers and areas and only includes guest rooms.
WHAT ATLANTIS HAS TO OFFER
Just talking about the sheer size of the Atlantis and the ridiculous amount of hotel options that they offer makes one wonder that if the resort itself is so big, what kind of accommodations does it offer? The Atlantis is known for its specialty accommodations that satisfy the cravings of those both young and old. The list of things to do goes on and on and no matter how many times you have been there you still probably haven’t seen it all.
General Activities – Visit the beach. The Atlantis resort has several beaches that are known world wide for being some of the best. In addition the water park that the Atlantis offers includes a mile long tubing adventure, nine water slides, and eleven pools. Just these alone are unmatched by any other resort in the world.
For Kids/Family Activities – There are literally hundreds of kid oriented activities that your family is sure to love starting with Dolphin Cay. Dolphin Cay is where you and your kids can actually swim and interact with hundreds of different types of animals. You can swim with dolphins, sea lions, stingrays, and much more. If you like to snorkel you can actually get to swim with fish in the tanks of their enormous aquarium. Their aquarium is available to all guests and features hundreds of thousands of exotic fish.
For Adults – The Atlantis is not all for children. There are daily activities that will ensure your stay at Atlantis is fun. A very popular adult activity is to visit Cain at the Cove. This is an all access pool for adults only that is complete with a bar and a gaming center. It also has private cabanas and is a great way to spend your days in the water. Another popular thing to do is to attend the Aura Nightclub. The club is usually EXTREMELY packed but if you don’t mind that this could be a fun experience for you. The Atlantis is always paying for famous comedians and singers to perform at their theater. You can catch a movie, see a comedian, or a famous singer perform at their enormous theater. Finally going to a bar or restaurant is always a good idea. Atlantis has over 40 restaurants and bars that range from incredibly high end to low end and cheap. Make sure you check out a couple of the more popular bars such as Bimini Road, The Mesa Grill, and Nobu. If getting out and doing physical activities is your thing, Atlantis has a great pool, tennis courts, and offers an world class golf course that is open to all guests. They also have a huge fitness center and spa. You may also go shopping in their fine luxury stores.
THE PROS AND CONS
- You never have to leave the resort to experience the Bahamas. Everything for you is right in the resort. Snorkeling, beaches, swimming, clubs, golfing, you name it. You won’t ever have to leave to experience it.
- The pools, water parks, and beaches are world class and are among the best you could ever experience.
- They do a good job of having both things for kids to do and things for adults to do so both are satisfied.
- The views are impeccable. You can see all of paradise island from your room in a breathtaking view that will make you never want to leave.
- The staff is very friendly. Every one of the staff members will treat you with respect and will help you with any problem you have.
- There are endless things to do. People say they experience a new thing every time they are there. The things to do are endless.
- You may often times feel like a number. Because of the size of the Atlantis they do a very bad job of making you feel like the experience is about you and you can often times feel like one of many ants.
- Especially if you go in the winter the Atlantis is VERY crowded. Even in the off season you will have to deal with the thousands of other vacationers that are staying at the same time as you.
- The Atlantis is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. You can expect to pay more than 6 dollars for a bottled water and that’s not even the half of it. Drinks can get up to 14 dollars and the room itself can be very expensive. While most of the activities are free you will have to pay for things like the Dolphin Cay and entertainment. If you are trying to save money on your vacation it is not recommended that you even think of going to the Atlantis resort.
- Management is horrible at fixing problems. Because of the size of the resort it is hard for management to address a problem in a timely fashion. Just another reason you will feel like a number.
- The restaurants are overcrowded, overpriced, and generally overrated. While they advertise having over 40 restaurants they forget to tell you that you will have to wait at least a half hour or more to get into one and whats worse, everything is overpriced just like the rest of the resort.
THE BOTTOM LINE
If you are planning a trip that is focused on your wallet and how much you can spend DO NOT go to the Atlantis. While it is a fun experience you will be paying through the nose constantly. If money is no issue you will have an incredible time with the accommodations and things to do.
Source by Aaron B Williams