Are you one of the coordinators of the prom planning committee? You have come to the right page. This brief article will give you ideas on prom themes. Let your ideas stand out and suggest any of these killer prom themes.
1) Cloud Nine: Decorate the venue with moon, stars, soft clouds and dream catchers. Encourage the prom participants to wear the characters in their dreams. Instead of using the traditional tables and chairs, use large pillows and bean bags as a place to sit.
2) Las Vegas Night: Turn the night into glitz and glam. Decorate the venue with deck of playing cards, dice and paper money.
3) Under the Sea Adventure: Fill the dance floor with colorful underwater creatures.
4) The Glamorous Night: It is the best time to walk on a red carpet and showcase your gorgeous dress like a celebrity. Decorate the floor with stars featuring the names of the entire class.
5) A Glittering Night: Make the prom night more romantic with metallic stars and twinkling lights.
6) A Hawaiian Night to Remember: Put tropical flower arrangements and palm trees. Ask the disc jockey to play luau tracks to encourage the class to dance.
7) Let’s Swing: Set-up the venue with 70s atmosphere such as playing funky music and very colorful backdrop.
8) The Jukebox: Decorate the venue with 50s theme. Let the prom goers wear poodle skirts and booby socks.
9) Blast to the Future: Use black lights and strobe lights with digital music. Add hovercraft and silver robots to enhance the prom venue.
10) A Galactic Space: Have the venue filled with meteors or different planets.
11) The Forever Young: Blow up baby pictures of the entire class. You can hang it on the ceiling and post it on the walls. You can even have a game through identifying baby pictures.
12) The Magical Castle of Camelot: Set up the venue with a castle backdrop and moat. Encourage the class to wear outfits like of King Arthur or Guinevere.
13) An Enchanted Forest: Set-up the venue with twinkling lights, trees, branches and magical elements.
14) A Night of Mask: The prom participants must wear lavish costumes and masks.
15) Safari Adventure: Spice up the venue with putting tents, a jeep and stuffed animals.
The first task of being part of a prom committee is to come up with suggestions of prom themes. Do not recycle the themes of the previous batches. Make the prom night you are organizing more memorable through following any of the above themes. Here are some tips to consider when planning for the theme for the prom night:
1) Ask help from the student body to be part of the committee. They have to be involved because this is their night. Most students have creative ideas to share.
2) The theme is your ultimate guide in choosing the colors and materials to use in decorating the venue. It is also your guide to choose the food to be served. For instance, the theme is a night in Paris. Serve dishes and appetizers found in Paris.
3) The theme must represent the whole class.
4) It is best to check the previous themes of other batches to get ideas and not to repeat it.
Source by Brenda L Hopkins