- Mob Museum
- National Atomic Testing Museum
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Nevada State Railroad Museum
- Madame Tussauds Interactive Wax Attraction
- Bodies… the Exhibition
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum
- The Mob Museum gives one a perspective on history that one probably did not learn from the history books in school! Absolutely fascinating, the courtroom where the Kefauver hearings took place, and even more shocking is the real brick wall from the 1929 Valentine’s Day Massacre in Chicago. Artifacts are on display from some of the most notorious criminals, including, Al Capone, Charlie Luciano, Meyer Lansky, plus many more.
- The National Atomic Testing Museum takes one right back into the history books without the books! The museum is 10,000 square feet and will amaze one as one witness’s first-hand the history of the atomic bomb. One will see videos and actual footage of tests.
- The Titanic Artifact Exhibition takes one back to the night of April 15, 1912. One will see actual artifacts from the famous ship. One will see and hear the story and believe one is actually on board. An intensely moving experience and well worth the time.
- The Nevada State Railroad Museum allows one the opportunity to ride on a real train, on the actual tracks that brought building materials for the Hoover Dam project. One will see and feel locomotives, train cars and memorabilia from that period.
- At Madame Tussauds Interactive Wax Attraction, one can touch stars and famous individuals in history. If one has always wanted to take a photo with a famous person, here is the opportunity. Over 100 figures in 30,000 square feet allow one to take photos with their favorites.
- The Bodies… the Exhibition, a place that one will not forget! It is an exhibition of preserved human bodies while done in polite taste, is still vivid. It can be extremely informative and is certainly intriguing if one is so inclined.
- The Las Vegas Natural History Museum, a great place for families, contains replicas of dinosaurs and many extinct, prehistoric creatures. One of the highlights is the feeding of the sharks on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 2:30 PM. One can even move back in time to Egypt and walk through King Tut’s tomb!
As always, there are far more places and things to do then can be listed in this short article. Las Vegas is certainly much more than gambling and night life, although that certainly is a big part.
Source by Joe T. White